Flight Stabilization Systems for Remote Control Planes and Helicopters
We here at FOP have tested a number of Flight Stabilizer systems, and have chosen to be the dealers for what we find are the best, the most reliable, and simple to use brands.
Feiyu Tech Family of Stabilizers
1. Attitude Flight Stabilization System (AFSS)
FY31-AP is an inertial attitude measurement instrument used for automated stabilization of fixed wing model aircrafts and simple three axis camera gimbals.
FY31-AP has an integrated three-axisgyro and three-axis accelerometer which controls the aircraft movement in three-dimensional space.
2. Barometric Sensing and GPS
FY-31APcontrol module incorporates an accurate barometric pressure sensor. At start up, the take-off air pressure is measured, providing the autopilot with an accurate relative height data.
While the GPS module enables the autopilot to calculate the flight course and exact location of the aircraft. If the FY31AP is not connected GPS module, the autonomous flight system cannot be engaged and it will function purely as a flight stabilizer.
After connecting the GPS and booting up, the FY-31AP will search for GPS positioning signals, the first time the GPS positioning successfully and the satellites quantity at least 4, then the FY-31AP will remember this position as the home point
3. Functions of FY-31AP
By using your remote control, the FY-31AP can be turned on or off for the following functions:
• Level flight - When stabilization is activated, the FY31AP will automatically control the aircraft for smooth easy flying. For beginners in RC aircraft flying, this is advantages as it makes flight easier and increases the student pilot self-confidence. The system can be activated throughout the entire flight duration, from take off to landing.
• Emergency Recovery - If you lose orientation release all control sticks, maintain throttle and switch ON the FY31AP.The unit will automatically send the correct signals to balance of the aircraft and regain level flight, giving you time to get your orientation and fly the plane back to safety.
• Autonomous flight - with the GPS module the autonomous flight system of the FY31AP will enable you to fly fully autonomous, with up to 8 waypoints settings on the FY Ground Control Station software.
• Ground Control Station - the FY GCS software will enable you to fly autonomously to up to 8 waypoints, display in-flight telemetry data, and record that flight for replay and analysis (this requires the optional Data Radio hardware).
• Automated circling - by activating this function, the aircraft will automatically circle the selected area at a fixed altitude, the centre of the circle is the current point. You can set the circling radius, the default radius is 80 meters.
• Return to Home - You can set autonomous return to home via a 3 way switch or through your failsafe setting, enabling you plane returning to home should it lose your transmitter signal. Upon reaching the home point it will automatically engage auto circling, while it waits for your further instructions.
• First Person View - for long-distance RC flight via video transmitter, the FY31AP will maintain the balance of your aircraft. You only need to control the heading of your aircraft and enjoy the view.
• Firmware upgrade - The FY31AP firmware is upgradable by connecting to your computer via a USB TTL cable. As Feiyu Tech continuously improves the FY31AP system, firmware upgrades will be released periodically.
4. Optional Upgrade with FY-OSD and Data Radio
The FY-31AP provides an optional upgrade combining with the FY-OSD and the Data Radio. With this add-on, you will receive:
• First Person View (FPV) - by connecting this interface to the FY-OSD, telemetric data such as GPS, flight navigation, AHI can be displayed on your downlink video. On the other hand, it will be easier to operate FPV with the functions of automatic balance and automated return to home.
• Real time telemetry - real time by-directional telemetry is monitored directly by your ground station computer. Changes to aircraft altitude and flight path can be controlled from your ground station computer.
• Record and monitor your flight - you can monitor and download your flight path into your ground station computer.
For more information, please refer to the FY-OSD and FY-Data Radio manual.
5. FY-31AP Package Content
• FY-31AP control module *1;
• GPS receiver *1;
• RC receiver connecting wires *1;
• Velcro double sided tape * 2;
• Some related wire.
• Instruction manual* 1;
6. Technical Specification and working requirement
• FY-31AP module:
Input voltage : 4.0 ~ 6.0 Volt;
Current draw : 50mA (5V);
Size : 47x 27x 20 mm;
Weight (excluding wires): 25g;
Temperature range : -25 ° C ~ +70 ° C;
Maximum rate of rotation : ≤ 2000 ° /s
• GPS module:
Input voltage : 3.0 ~ 3.3 Volt;
Current draw : 60mA (3.3V);
Size : 32 x32x 10 mm;
Weight (excluding wires) : 22g;
Temperature range : -25 ° C ~ +70 ° C;
The FY-31AP can be installed in the following aircraft :
1. Normal / Traditional fixed-wing planes;
2. Delta-winged plane with rudder;
3. Delta-winged plane without rudder;
4. Plane without aileron;
5. V-tail plane with aileron;
6. V-tail plane without aileron;
Any other configuration , please e-mail us for enquiry: email@example.com
8. Remote control system requirement
The FY-31AP has been tested to work with the following RC systems:
• Robbe-Futaba PPM / PCM 1024 / PCM G3 mode, 2.4 GHz systems；
• Graupner/JR PPM 8, PPM 12, SPCM mode；
• MPX PPM8, PPM 12 with UNI mode
• Any remote control system using the standard of 1.5 ms neutral position.
FY FULL HOUSE
FY31AP-OSD Hornet & GPS
HK 3D Stabilizer V1
Utilizing a single high precision 3-axis MEMS gyro, the Orange
The Orange 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer is great for those who tend to fly in windy conditions, as it will compensate for wind gusts that would normally push your model around. It's also an ideal add-on to your favorite FPV model to keep it on the straight and level while flying.
This unit is very simple to install and use. The adjustable gain settings are pre-set to 50% offering mild stabilization. You can easily adjust the gain for each channel as desired to increase or decrease the compensation for the respective channel (AIL, ELE, RUD).
Because we design, test and manufacture these units completely in-house (from 3D/2D drawing to materials sourcing, final assembly etc.) we can completely control production and ensure product consistency from design right through to shipping the product to you. Also, the removal of middle-men has meant we can drive better value to the market and retail these units at factory (our) prices!
Capable of stabilizing flight on just about any fixed wing aircraft
Supports 3D flight without undermining stability
Independent gyro gain adjustment for aileron, elevator and rudder
Easy-to-access gyro reversing switches on front of unit
Compact and light weight design
NOTE: This unit will NOT
Self-Level the plane, it will hold position of inputs on the stick ONLY.
Gyro: 3-Axis MEMS
Input Voltage: 4.8-6.0V
AVR interface: Standard 6 pin
Signal from Receiver: 1520us
Signal to Servo: 1520us
HK 3-Axis Stabilizer
HK 3D Stabilizer V2
HK 3-Axis Stabilizer V2
Copyright © 1998-2013 Fiber Optic Products, Inc.